Looking for outdoor adventure when you come to the Poconos? Check out this list of the top things to do and see on your Poconos vacation.
- Go on a scenic hike. There are many day hikes for hikers of all levels that provide stunning lake and mountain views.
- Rent bikes. Cruiser bikes are available to rent and explore miles of trails. Plus, Skytop Lodge offers Burleys for children who aren’t ready for a 2-wheeler just yet.
- Do an adventure course. Why not take in the views from the tops of the trees with a TreeTop Adventure Course? Zip and fly between trees, balance as you walk over bridges, and be one with the birds.
- Pocono Snake and Animal Farm. See the animals native to this region. This Pocono family farm has an impressive assortment of mammals and reptiles, including monkeys, lemurs, and chinchillas.
- Check out Bushkill Falls & The Delaware Water Gap. There are many waterfalls and fishing areas where you can enjoy the serenity of your surroundings. Bushkill Falls is a nearby favorite, located in The Delaware Water Gap.
- Play Archery Tag®. Best described as “dodgeball with bows and arrows,” this exciting, action-packed game offers the ultimate experience that you’ll only find at Skytop Lodge.
- Day trip to a historic town. Whether you’re driving in or looking for a fun day-trip, visiting a historic town like Jim Thorpe or Milford is a fun sightseeing excursion.
- Take a train ride. A ride on the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway is a must. This vintage railway will take you back in time. You’ll see wildlife, mountain scenery, and seasonal foliage as you travel through cliffs and valleys.
- Whitewater rafting. Boating season typically runs mid-April through October. If you’re visiting in the Spring or Summer, head down the Leigh on a whitewater raft!
- Fishing. Cast away in a private trout stream full of freshly-stocked trout. Or post up at the lake for some largemouth bass, perch, pickerel, and more.
Ready to book a fun family vacation to the Poconos? Check out all that Skytop has to offer, including packages and upcoming seasonal activities.