Skytop Lodge is the premier family resort in the Pocono Mountains. Guests come from near and far to make beautiful memories and create new family traditions. You might not know that Skytop Lodge is also a sustainable hotel.
With a history tied to nature, Skytop has always made efforts through awareness and preservation programs, including working with some of the country’s top ecological organizations. We even received the coveted PMVB Green Tourism Achievement Award for our conservation and ecological efforts.
Here are just some of the ways Skytop Lodge strives to be sustainable:
- Reusing Linens. Based on guest preference, we have the option to use reused linens.
- Clean and Green Program. As part of Pennsylvania’s Clean and Green Program, we are committed to preserving nearly 4,500 acres of land that is dedicated to agriculture.
- Purposeful Purchases. We are conscious of what we buy and where we buy it from, focusing on recycled products whenever possible.
- Staff Members Dedicated to Sustainability. At Skytop Lodge, we have a naturalist and historian on-site dedicated to sustainability efforts.
- Partnerships with the Salvation Army. We donate materials for reuse instead of sending to waste/landfill.
- Green Materials. From mattresses to carpet, we choose to use green materials throughout the resort.
- LED Lighting. In an effort to reduce electricity usage, we switched out our lighting for LED lights.
- Replacement of Windows. Our windows feature a Low-E coating, which improves the efficiency of the glass by reflecting some heat away.
- Digital Thermostats. Our digital thermostats allow us to program a heating and cooling schedule that is energy efficient.
- Efficient Irrigation System. We reduced water consumption on our golf course by replacing the irrigation system with modern, energy-efficient technology.
Skytop Lodge is proud to announce that we have joined the global hygiene revolution by partnering up with Clean the World, an organization that helps save lives and preserve our planet by recycling the used bar soap and bottled amenities left behind by guests and distributing them to those in need.
Learn more about Skytop Lodge and our sustainable efforts or call us at (855) 345-7759 to book your stay today!
Photo by Instagram user @gildedsight