Looking for outdoor adventure when you come to the Poconos? Check out this list of the top 10 things to do on your spring vacation.
- Go on a scenic hike. It may be a little too chilly for an overnight hiking adventure, but there are many day hikes that provide stunning views from the mountains.
- Family bike ride. Cruiser bikes are available to rent and explore miles of trails. Plus, Skytop Lodge offers Burleys for children who aren’t ready for a 2-wheeler just yet.
- Swing from the trees. Why not take in the views from the tops of the trees with a TreeTop Adventure Course? Zip and fly between trees, balance as you walk over bridges, and be one with the birds.
- Check out Bushkill Falls. There are many waterfalls and fishing areas where you can enjoy the serenity of your surroundings. Bushkill Falls is a nearby favorite, located in The Delaware Water Gap.
- Challenge the family to Archery Tag®. Best described as “dodgeball with bows and arrows,” this exciting, action-packed game offers the ultimate experience that’s fun for the whole family.
- Indoor swimming. Can’t wait until summer? Kids can swim year-round at the indoor pool at Skytop Lodge. Or choose to swim in the outdoor pool or at the lake beach.
- Stop at Pocono Snake and Animal Farm. Witness the unique animal species of the Poconos, like snakes, alligators, and monkeys. Perhaps you might see some spring hatchlings making their way into the world.
- Do a scenic drive. Head to Big Pocono State Park and get a bird’s eye view without leaving the car. There’s a paved, 1.4-mile, ADA-accessible drive that takes you around the mountaintop. Note: check ahead that the park has opened for Spring.
- Fishing. Cast away in a private trout stream full of freshly-stocked trout. Or post up at the lake for some largemouth bass, perch, pickerel, and more.
- Lawn activities. Whether it’s the annual Easter egg hunt or a beautiful sunny day for some lawn bowling, the outdoor lawn area at Skytop Lodge offers the perfect activity area for kids.
Ready to book a fun family vacation this Spring? Check out all that Skytop has to offer, including packages and upcoming seasonal activities.