Here at Skytop Lodge, the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees is of the utmost importance. As such, we have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds across the globe and here in the United States, and are taking the necessary steps to bring peace of mind to everyone who walks through our doors.
In an effort to do our part to help stop the spread, we have decided to extend our temporary closure through April 30, 2020. There have been no confirmed cases of Coronavirus at Skytop Lodge, but we have taken this proactive measure as an added precaution for the safety and wellbeing of our team members and future guests. We take the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and other public health officials locally and nationally very seriously, and we are committed to doing our part for the safety of our community at large.
We plan to reopen Skytop Lodge to the public on Friday, May 1, 2020. Our team will closely monitor the situation as it unfolds and adjust our reopening plans if necessary.
Guests with reservations through April 30, 2020 will be contacted, and those reservations are in the process of being canceled at no cost or penalty and with full refunds going to our valued guests as quickly as possible.
We know this decision has a significant impact on many people in the Skytop community—our guests, our employees and their families—and have been humbled by their overwhelming commitment and support during this new reality.
While this outbreak has proven to be a significant disruption in the lives of everyone around us, we are looking forward to the day we can welcome our guests back to Skytop Lodge to make new memories.