5 Places for Holiday Shopping in the Poconos
November 17, 2017
It’s that time of year again. The air is cooling, the leaves are falling, and store shelves are already stocked with holiday ornaments and gift ideas. Shoppers have their wallets at the ready for Black Friday. Once Turkey Day has passed, it’s a race to the finish line of wrapped presents under the tree.
At Skytop Lodge, skiers are gearing up for the snowy season. While many guests stay on Skytop’s 5,500-acre property to enjoy old-fashioned tobogganing, zip lines or take a dip in our indoor pool, there’s still plenty of time for shopping. If you’re headed to the Poconos this fall or winter, get a head start on your holiday gift-buying at one of these festive locales.
- O Little Town of Bethlehem: Nicknamed “Christmas City,” Bethlehem, PA is the perfect home for Christkindlmarket, a holiday shopping extravaganza inspired by the original German arts and crafts festival. More than a hundred vendors from across the country turn out for the popular event. It’s held indoors, and traditionally features ice sculpting, holiday displays and breakfast with Santa for the kiddos. This year’s market takes place weekends from November 17-December 23; click here for full schedule and details.
- Gifts for Outdoorsmen (and Women): Forgot your ski gloves or warm wool socks? Visit the onsite gift shop at Skytop Lodge to stock up on winter accessories for you and your family, and browse our wide variety of cards, jewelry and décor for your home. For more serious sporting goods, Dunkelberger’s in Stroudsburg offers fishing gear, hunting accessories, running shoes and active gear for the outdoor enthusiast.
- Sweet Treats: From gourmet pretzels to chocolates and Pennsylvania jams & jellies, the Pocono Mountains area is home to some of the most decadent treats on the east coast. Gertrude Hawk Chocolates has stores throughout the Poconos and ships nationwide, while Nostalgia Candy Store at Mount Airy Casino satisfies your sweet tooth with old-fashioned offerings from taffy to fudge. For more nostalgic offerings and a charming selection of candles and home goods, check out Penny Lane Candies in Hawley.
- The Christmas Factory: If Christmas is your favorite time of year, you’ll geek out at Northern Pennsylvania’s largest holiday shop. Open year round, The Christmas Factory boasts 60+ fully decorated holiday trees to inspire your imagination. Look for miniature holiday villages, snowbabies and other winter collectibles, plus a sleigh-full of ornaments in every possible holiday theme. The shop is in Marshalls Creek, about 30 minutes from Skytop Lodge.
- A Little Bit of Everything: Antiques meet tasty eats at Copper Kettle & I84 Country Store, a restaurant and eclectic gift shop just 20 minutes from the lodge. You’ll find everything from vintage signs to candles, handwoven baskets and Amish furniture here. There are also more traditional souvenir options like candy and t-shirts. Belly up to some saucy BBQ during a shopping break, or grab a sweet turnover from the bakery counter to keep your energy up.
One of the most cherished holiday gifts you can give is spending time with your family. While it’s wonderful to bring home a slice of the Poconos for your loved ones, consider staying at Skytop Lodge with your family during the holidays. Our resort provides daily activities to keep the family together and endless shopping options nearby where you can pick up a little something for those at home. Call 855-345-7759 or click here to book your stay today.